Search This Blog

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Letter Of Apology From an Agnostic



Dearest God (in case you exist),
We have no issues and you know I love you, like all my friends and I do respect you but it’s some doubts that trouble me and the scriptures you have sent to earth through your holy men ( and in rarest  of rare case women ) are not of much help.
See first of all I am baffled  and I should congratulate you  for the variety you provide, seriously so many ways to reach you , so many religions and paths even the most consumerist government or organisation could not match you . The choices are immense but my dear God that is the point I wanted to ask you “why???” Why give so many choice to the poor , weak , completely dependent on you human beings and thereby confusing them . It makes the whole motive look futile. Seriously God you have to think about it and by the way why is a particular religion so much specific to a particular geographical region and of course you made sure that prophets did try to spread it to as far as possible but you see even “your” Prophets were just humans. So we have a many God religion in central Asia a uni-sex God in middle east, a Father-son duo in Jerusalem which overlapped your previous version of another God and not to forget much recent Gods born in India which later spread to japan and far east or some God which confided in northern India. What I want to say is we all know our religion much before our gender but what if a guy/gal has a total memory loss and nobody takes him/her what religion could that person take. There are too many options to select, too many to be sure of and in total too confusing. I seriously want you God to consider this and I guess I cannot want anything I have to pray for it.




God, I also want to question so many opposite rituals, yes of course I understand that I cannot question you but please consider this why yes why do have one religion which prohibits something as basic as an onion and have another religion which advocates mutton? Why do you have a religion which has some 36 million Gods compared to other which has only one and another which works on a trio and some which work according to a book? I am a poor young soul and cannot understand these complexities that you put forward me.
My dear God there has o be solution to some and many doubts that come into my mind every now and then and please if possible can u ask your believers to show some respect to people who do not worship their version of god , its unfair
I have so much to talk to you and so much to know. We will sure continue this conversation. Till then do take care of everyone.
God bless you …ooops
Your own
Apologetic agnostic.


3 comments: